HP-WCSA is the perfect machine for weighing, crushing and splitting. Due to its modular design it can be easily combined with other components. The fully automatic machine was specially designed for the requirements for the handling of large samples of various coarse ores, minerals and similar materials.
Using the building block principle, this modular machine contains a weighing device, a sample lift, a jaw crusher, a linear splitter with a variable splitting ratio based on current ISO norms.
The linear splitter in the HP-WCSA complies with the ISO standards for representative splitting. The software controls allows completely flexible splitting of aliquot portions.
Automatic feed and discharge magazines significantly increase the sample output and manpower efficiency.
Large coarse sample received in the laboratory are manually loaded into the sample containers of the feed magazine. The operating parameters are preselected at the integrated control panel and the automatic weighing, crushing and splitting cycle starts in the following sequence:
- Weigh incoming sample
- Record incoming sample weight in the control system
- Transport sample container to feed hopper of jaw crusher
- Feed sample into jaw crusher
- Return empty sample container to feed position of feed magazine
- Crush sample
- Transport crushed sample to splitter
- Split sample into desired final sample and excess material
- Discharge final sample from variable ratio splitter into steel sample cup
- Discharge excess material into discharge magazine or external waste bin
- Discharge sample cup via internal transport system
- Return empty sample cup to rotary splitter discharge position
This machine will always produce the predetermined final sample weights independent of the weight of the incoming sample, due to a variable splitting ratio, which is automatically adjusted depending on the weight of the incoming sample.
The machine is totally enclosed and sound insulated. Safety switches automatically deactivate the machine in case of operational malfunctions, which are displayed at the integrated control panel.
The machine is equipped with integrated pneumatic and electrical control cabinets and PLC controls. This allows the machine to run individually or in combination with any other modular machine.
The modular Herzog weighing, crushing and splitting unit, Model HP-WCSA, can easily be combined with other modular HERZOG machines such as feed and discharge magazines, an automatic pulverizing mill, Model HP-M, and where applicable with an automatic pellet press, Model HP-P, or an automatic fusion machine, Model HAG-G.
Due to the building block principle used in the design of these units, a series of tailor made modular HERZOG machines is available to suit individual requirements such as:
- HP-WCCSA: Automatic weighing, 2 – stage crushing, splitting
- HP-WCSA: Automatic weighing, crushing and splitting
- HP-CSA: Automatic crushing and splitting
- HP-WSA: Automatic weighing and splitting
- HP-WSMA: Automatic weighing, splitting and pulverizing