Grinding machine for the grinding of steel and iron samples of different dimensions for the purpose of spectroscopic analysis
Automatic grinding process
The sample is inserted into the clamping facility with the door open. The door is closed and the desired grinding program selected on the operator terminal. The automatic process is started by a pushbutton.
- Clamping of the sample (with hydropneumatic and electromagnetic clamping facility)
- Measurement of the sample height by means of a scanning facility
- Initiation of the oscillating action of the swivel rest
- Fast servo motor infeed of the cup grinding wheel until contact is made with the sample
- Grinding process continued until the preselected grinding depth is reached
- Measurement of cup wheel wear
- Initial position of the swivel support
- Sample unchucked
Control via preselectable programms
The sample is cooled by means of compressed air or liquid coolant during grinding, depending upon the machine configuration and the selected grinding program.
The automatic process is controlled by a programmable logic controller. Different grinding programs can be set up and parameterized on an operator panel.
The machine is designed for industrial use and requires a minimum of maintenance. The inside chamber is easily accessible through doors for maintenance purposes.
The station comprises the following main components:
- Welded steel enclosure with panelling
- Connecting sleeve for an external dust exhaust facility
- Operator door with safety interlock for insertion of the sample
- Grinding slide rest driven by a servo motor
- Pneumatically driven swivel rest on which the clamping device is mounted
- Measurement facility for measurement of the sample height and for automatic compensation of cup wheel wear
- Pneumatic cooling facility
- Siemens S7 PLC
- Operator terminal
- Integral electrical switchgear cabinet
- Pneumatic system with air filter, water trap, pressure regulator and control valves
The design of the machines correspond to the current German accident prevention and VDE regulations. We reserve the right to make technical changes.