The HERZOG pellet press HTP offers the full benefits of program-controlled sample preparation for x-ray fluorescence analysis.
- Pelletizing with the HERZOG HTP significantly increases reproducibility and accuracy of sample preparation.
- The HTP is fully encapsulated, insulated against noise, and has safety cutouts for operator protection. Dust and noise burden are reduced, and safety enhanced.
- The HTP pellet press is a high-quality, precision engineering product with compact dimensions. It is ideally suited for laboratory requirements.
Optimum quality of pressed pellets
The HERZOG hydraulic HTP press produces high-quality pressed pellets with a mirrorlike surface necessary for optimal XRF results. The HSM achieves the desired homogeneity and stability of each individual pellet with a maximum of reproducibility.
The HTP 40 reaches press forces of 400 kN, the HTP 60 of up to 600 kN even with larger sample diameters.
A swing-out cross-head makes filling and cleaning of the die quick, simple and safe. A number of pressing variables can be selected, depending on the press tool employed. Precision press tools with a range of diameters and materials permit free pressing, pressing in aluminium shells, and pressing in steel rings.
Precise control of the pelletizing process
The pelletizing process of the HSM is controlled by the PLC program. This leads to substantial improvement in reproducibility of sample preparation and consequently more precise analysis results. Pelletizing parameters such as total pressing force, incremental increase and decrease of pressure as well as pressure holding time can be preset on the HMI panel.
The pressure increase and decrease during pelletizing are controlled such that inner stresses within the sample are reduced. This allows the production of perfect pellets even with complicated sample material.
- Press tool 40 mm diameter for free pressing
- Press tool 40 mm in aluminium cups
- Press tool 40 mm for pressing in steel rings
- Press tool 51.5 mm for pressing in steel rings
- Cleaning device, manual
- Cleaning device, pneumatic